The Students Work Programm
The Students Work Programme was established and launched in January 2005.
The Mission, Objectives, Principles and Management structure are as hereunder outlined.
To promote the dignity of work within the students body creating opportunities for students to undertake any work available within the University College thus enabling students contribute to the general improvement of the University College.
- To empower students to contribute to the general improvement of the image of the University College and the services provided.
- To provide opportunities for students to raise funds to pay part of their fees by doing gainful work for the University College.
- To create a fund to facilitate the implementation of the programme
- To identify and advertise jobs available within the University College that can be done by students on short contract basis.
- To identify work requiring the application of technical skills thus provide industrial attachment opportunities for students and advise the relevant students accordingly.
- To liaise with departments to identify work suitable for students project work and advice the relevant students accordingly.
- To provide opportunities for students to learn about management by managing the students work programme.
- To recruit students for the work programme in Liaison with the departments providing job opportunities.